Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Addiction

That's right, I said it. I'm addicted. Not to drugs, or sex, or alcohol. Something completely crazy. Shopping for childrens clothes. Not plain old shopping but for Madi. I rarely buy myself anything. Do they have treatments or meetings or anything I can attend to break this. I belong to a web forum that feeds this addiction too. I know what clothes will be in the store before they even get shipped to the stores. I have my "cart" ready before I can actually make my cart online. I know all the ways to stack coupons, which sales will have me coming out with more for less. And when I go to resale all Madi's clothes for one season I make anywhere from $900-$1500 back! You have to spend that to make it! But by knowing all the sales and having coupons for clothes PLUS having store credit cards that give me rewards and additional percentages off I come out pretty good. All this makes her clothes way cheap even if they haven't been marked down yet. I love things that are made to match too. these are custom made bows or shirts or capris to match items out in stores. Usually Gymboree. Think I'm crazy yet?

Made to match capris
Photobucket
Made to math bows
Photobucket
Custom made skirt
Photobucket
Made for our trip to Disney (Top and bows)
Photobucket

If there's others out there like me and you love good deals on kids clothing or love Gymboree, Gap, or other popular brands then join me at Gymbofriends.com. And if you're looking for winter clothes in size 5 feel free to email me. I'm getting them altogether as of today. I'll have web album up with pics, sizes, brands, conditions to make it easier on everyone. All her clothes are mostly like new since we have SO much she rarely wears things more than two times. And I pride myself on not dressing Madi like the rest of the kids. I want her to wear things others don't have. (See I'm crazy!) But I do know I'm not alone. Below are some examples of how she looks different from you average 3 or 4 year old. Or atleast in my neck of the woods.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I'm sure I sound like a loon but even though it has become an addiction it's one that actually helps me out in the long run. Madi's clothes almost end up free once it is all said and done. Or bought and resold I should say! A lot of my friends think I'm crazy for spending "so much money on a 4 year old" but they don't understand that I get Gap/Gymboree for Target prices. (Nothing wrong with Target. We get plenty there too!) I'll keep it my secret as it will allow me to get more! ha! And I'm also helping out the economy too. Gymboree and Gap love us. And know us by name. Sad. But true.

Anyone else have a 'different' addiction that's not you run-of-the-mill?

0 comments: